[DML] Crunched Delorean fender on the Dragon Run (was More photos)

[DML] Crunched Delorean fender on the Dragon Run (was More photos)

That would be Darren Decker's VIN 5000.
I was in the rental car (whew!) that he hit. Here's the story:

I was coming down from the end of the course, heading back to PF,
about two miles from the end. The road was slick in places, but you
had to watch carefully, because it was a nice, sunny day out. I was
following one D, and another was following me, but with plenty of
distance. I fact, just a mile before the D behind me had pulled over
to let me pass.

As I was heading down, I came upon a lefthand curve, and saw Darren
coming up, toward me in his lane. All looked fine, until I heard his
brakes squeal... He had hit a wet patch and was coming towards me.
Right towards me! He could not steer, nor could he stop. Nothing I
could do but to keep my track, pull over to the right as far as I
could, and keep my pace, slowing down as quickly as I could without
spinning out.

He hit me in the drivers door, sideswiped it, and continued about 20
yards past me. At that point his inertia switch had tripped, and he
stalled in place. The impact to me was so hard that the drivers door
would not open, so for the rest of the weekend, I had to crawl across
the seat from the passenger door to enter the car. Darren was pretty
shook up... I gave him a ride back to the hotel, where the last I
saw, he was looking for someone with a flatbed to tow the car back
down. The fender had bent to the point of interfering with his tire,
so he could not drive it back down. I never did see his D back at the
hotel, so I am assuming he got it towed to where it could be fixed
properly.

Darren: if you are there, please let us know the outcome of the
accident. I'd like to know if the fender can be saved.

Jeff Angwin
jeff(at)delorean.com
VIN 3034

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <dsontos@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok, who's car got whacked at the Tail of the Dragon run. I just saw
the photos. I didn't here anything at the show.