Re: [DML] PGf

In a message dated 6/21/04 3:50:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> In general, those who negatively criticize the overall reliability of the
> DeLorean: this show proved this 20 year old car can travel great distances
> with no trouble -- Los Angeles, Florida, North Dakota, New York, Canada, just to
> mention a few. Mine was an exception, and a minor problem, at best!
>
> Looking forward to 2006!

Marv,

I totally agree!  Coming from ND, MN, and SD - our caravan from the upper
midwest (which joined Dave Swingle and the chicago caravan the next day) had
nearly zero problems coming down to TN (1200 mile trip each way!!!).  the only
things to speak of was a blower motor cutting out for 10 seconds when a breaker
flipped due to a loose wire and a small fuel leak at the pump which was caused
by a poorly fitting new fuel line (repaired in five minutes).  Jim Reeve and I
had a little comparo on fuel economy between us over the entire trip and we
were averaging between 24 and nearly 29 MPG at an average speed of 75 mph.  30+
MPG is definitely attainable on a fully sorted motor at 65 mph.  both of us
could have done it if we were in the right lane instead of the left the whole
time!

Thanks for a great experience everyone - it was my first DCS and i will never
miss another one!  I am very happy to have met some of the most friendly
people ever and I had a great time, especially at the parties in the Swingle's
room!

See you all in Pheasant Run '06!
Andy