From: Christian Williams [mailto:delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 11:42 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Wanted: Completely different brake setup

Hi all, I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me with this. My
brakes are noisy. Unbelievably noisy. Sometimes it'll be the front brakes
while stopping, or the parking brake pads rubbing the ever-warped rotors.
I've probably changed the pads somewhere in the neighbourhood of 20 times
in the past 4 years of ownership, and I've tried every kind out there.
I've replaced the rotors, turned the rotors, replaced the parking brake
pads, different shims, different springs, different clips, different
compounds, and still I get squeaking, rubbing, chirping etc.

Basically, I want out. :)

Has anyone ever found different calipers and rotors that will fit on a
DeLorean, but are not the calipers and rotors that the vendors carry?
Vented, slotted, and drilled are of course preferable, but at this point,
I'll try anything that anyone can think of.

Thanks everyone. Oh, have fun in Pigeon Forge! I'm sorry I'll be missing
it.

-Christian

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews