[DML] Re: Wanted: Completely different brake setup

[DML] Re: Wanted: Completely different brake setup

There is no inherent problem with the brake set-up on the Delorean.
Unless you are racing the car and are VERY heavy on the brakes they
are fine with no squeak or squeal. Maybe it is your driving style, the
way you actually do the repair work or the parts you are using. You
cannot go to the local auto store and expect to get the "correct" pads
and shims. I would recomend you go to one of the Delorean venders and
get what they suggest and install it all at once they way they tell
you to. Remember, after you do a brake job you must be gentle on the
brakes for a while to let everything "bed" together. If you immediatly
go out and do a couple of panic stops to test it out you will glaze
the pads and start the whole squeal sequence all over again. Stay away
from drilled rotors, they are inherently noisier. Ventilated would be
nice but under normal driving conditions are not necessary. If you
don't drive the car much and it is in a very damp area the rotors rust
a little in between and get noisy for a while until you wear the rust off.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757