Re: [DML] Still an interior lamp issue

In a message dated 6/10/04 3:23:06 PM Central Daylight Time, 5n-@xxxxxxx
writes:

> In trying to get my interior lights to turn on when the doors are
> open-I find that I am completly confused as to how this works. I
> thought that the interior light needed to be clicked either forward or
> backwards in order to contact any metal inside the light housing which
> completes an electrical connection... I just can't get these to go on
> with an open door- I have the logic box hooked up, and the doides I am
> going to test again, what else could keep my lights from working? The
> relay? Thanks -Dan B. #5003

Dan,

this spring i wrestled with the lights too.  it came down to first making
sure the lights were wired correctly.  the electrical diagram is not a scale
picture.  hook the wires up so that they perform the function electrically, not as
in, wire X goes on the left side while the other two go on the right side.
that messed me up the first time.

make sure your door switches work correctly and are nice and tight.  you
should be able to push the switch in with the door open and the door lights should
go out.  you should also be able to wiggle the wires and jiggle the switch
and the lights don't flicker.

then check the diodes by your right leg when driving.  perhaps one wire is
loose or disconnected (which was my case).

in which positions does your overhead light work correctly??

Andy