[DML] Re: horns

Yes, you can hook it directly to a 12V source such as a battery to get
it to honk. If it works, then check the wires for both a full 12V
source, and a clean ground connection.

If you want to clean them and resuse them, that's your choice. You can
easily find aftermarket replacements that sound off even louder. Or,
NOS horns appear to now be available at a competitive price.
Personally, I'd dump them and replace them. Cicadas, Sphinx Moths,
Paper Wasps, anything could be stuck in there. So rather than pry them
out and hurt yourself (stingers), or even risk damaging the horn in
the process, just replace it. After 20 years, who knows if it even
sounds as good as it once did new.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"