[DML] Re: Need help or I won't make it to the TN show...

[DML] Re: Need help or I won't make it to the TN show...

You can make up a fitting and fill the system with dry compressed air
to around 100 psi. You will probably find the high pressure discharge
hose, the one on the left side that runs from the compressor to the
condensor coil, to be bad. You will not find the exact spot, it will
leak out of the many small holes along the outer covering. It can be
replaced without removing the body. Once you know for sure it is bad
just call Rob and order one. He will send you all the "O" rings you
will need and tell you how it is done. After installing the hose you
will need to go to a shop and have the system evacuated, tested, and
refilled. They should pull a hard vacuum for at least 1 hour, fill
with a sweep charge, test, vacuum again for 1/2 hour, and than fill.
If your system has been dead for a long time you should also replace
the dryer/accumulater. It is also good practice to replace the cores
in the service valves. Try to find a shop that will use R-12.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan RC30" <danrc30@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm in central NJ. A few weeks
ago I blew an A/C line on my car on my way home from the Spring
Social. I can't find the hole or which hose the hole is in. I need to
find a competant A/C repair shop in my area. So far, I've had no luck.
Can