Re: [DML] steering column bushing...

adam,
I replaced mine last year. First, get a flashlight and look under the dash and fllow the steering column to the floor. you can see where it enters the body. Grab the column and move it up and down. It should not move at all. You will be able to visually see if the bushing is there or gone.

If it is missing the column will move up and down then you need to put a new bushing in there. When I would drive before the steering was fine but the wheel would move up and down and is more annoying than anything.

If the bushing is there then you can spray some wd-40 to quiet it a bit. I cant imagine the bushing causing any other steering problem as it is just a plastic/rubber sleeve. Maybe check your tie rod ends???

Mike C
2109