From: therealdmcvegas [mailto:dmcvegas@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 June 2004 16:56
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: DeLorean interior... a selling point (or not)

Well hey, at least he's honest with himself. I think that's totally
respectable. Although I wonder what exactly he considers "plain"
about the interior? I could understand that with the consideration of
analog gagues, and switch location perhaps, and maybe even the
stitching on the door panels. But I wonder what he was comparing it
to? Funny enough, the interior of my car is what has always gotten me
some of the most complements. People love the layout, but tastes of
course do differ.

As an example, I always considered the Lotus Esprit of the same years
to have a plain interior. The lines around the trim pieces don't
interact gently, and the trim pieces themselves seem to jut out, and
really give those cars a "kit" look. I.e. the DeLorean binnacle
gently flows up from the dash, and the door handles are intergrated
smoothly into the door panels. On the Esprit, these two components
almost look like after thoughts that were bolted on. Especially that
binnacle. It just looks like a universal dash, that allows for both
RHD/LHD install, rather than a custom piece, like the DeLorean uses.

But hey, it's these little things that some people can tend to nit-
pick, and make the difference to them when choosing a car. And makes
the car that they choose even more special to them.

Remember, you're unique, just like everyone else...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]