From: Montgomery, Ken [mailto:kenm@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:58 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] Water pump pulley came off on its own

   I take it from the ZERO replies I got that no one has ever heard of a
water pully coming off on it's own. Today I gave the pulley the last
needed pull to remove it from the shaft. It was so far off it was
wobbling. The pulley has no key and is made from machined aluminum. The
pump has a quarter circle key in the shaft.  Could I buy a bolt-on
pulley and avoid the hassle of pulling the pump? I'd have to replace the
pump and pulley because I wouldn't trust just putting the pulley back
on. This is one job I'd like to avoid. I've already got a ton of things
to fix as it is.

Ken

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews