Re: [DML] The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

Video Bob wrote:
> If you find a Delorean with low miles, and every single thing on it is
> original you are looking at a nightmare. These cars were lemons right off
> the line.

As someone who works on DeLoreasn every day, I can honestly say this is
nonsense. The biggest nightmares by far are the cars that have been
"fixed" in the past by "somone who knew better". I've not seen many mods
that actually make the car nicer to drive, or own. When we get one in
that is basically untouched, it's a joy to work on. Bolts are where the
should be, and are the right size, fixing engine problems is usually
replacing sensors that have failed, or rebuilding fuel system parts, or
replacing vacuum hoses - all stuff not specific to our cars 22 years on!

> The car's with the most value have had new leather put in, new fuel system,
> rebuilt brakes,

New leather? Yes, do the seats, but the only problem with them is the
age. A NEW fuel system means replacing the stuff that ages, and all
you're doing is putting it back the way it was when new. Rebuilt brakes,
ditto.

> critical parts replaced by aftermarket such as alternators, etc.
> Which is worth more, a $200 Craig tape deck or a Sony hard drive MP3 player
> that costs $1000.00?

Since when does a good stereo add much to the value of a car?

> Would you rather have the original lighted cluster or the new IndiGlow dash?

The originals are only bad because the way of illuminating gauges has
improved. Ant the Indiglo kit doesn't light the needles.

> Would you rather have an 85MPH speedo or a 165MPH?

Wow, is there a 165 one out now too?! This was a regulation of the time.
I've now heard of 140, 150, 160, 165, 170 and 240kph speedos

> Would you like added Cruise Control?

No. Hate cruise control personally.

> What about new speakers, or added speakers?

> Chromed factory rims?

Get the orignals powder coated and they look fantastic, and original

Martin