Re: [DML] The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

Re: [DML] The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

Bob,

After all the conversions to make it go faster, how much more will
be half to be spent to beef up the transmission to handle it, then
install a heavier duty brake system to stop it. Plus after all is
done you could have bought a new Vette and still had your Delorean
kept origonal. If you do the Frankenstein chop and rebuild you will
just be reducing the value of your car, and then it will be a one
off creation that is difficult to maintain. Many GM garages don't
want to touch a custom monstrosity for not wanting to mess with it.

Call me a purist from years with classic mustangs, but with the
mustangs I always cursed and swore at the idiot precious owners who
chopped and hacked them up in an effort to make something more out
of it. Then it was just a waste of efforts & money to repair their
ingenious work. I maintain a strict stock approach to the Delorean
from my experiences with classic cars, as hacking them up makes them
just a piece of junk later down the road. Keep it origonal, and go
rice out a Honda or something else. Pick something that they made
several hundred thousand of to chop apart. Hack job Deloreans are
just a sad waste of what was once a great car, totally worthless of
what it was, and not worth buying because of the expense to
transform them back. Only reason this should be done is if the car
was badly damaged or needed to be completely rebuilt.

Not trying to rant, just hate to see a good example of a car
destroyed because someone wanted to get creative. Just buy another
car to play around with chops & swaps, and enjoy the Delorean for
what it is, a great touring car that is comfortable and fun to
drive.

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634