Re: [DML] The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

Re: [DML] The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

Here's the difference....
Sports cars look the way they do because most of the body and frame design
is made with performance in mind. When you see the deep cut air intake down
the side of the Ferrari Testarossa, they are not there for looks but to
funnel air into the cooling system.
The Lamborghini Countach has deep air scoops in the back for the same
reason.
Sports cars got their look from performance issues.
That being said, the people who liked these cars appreciated the performance
that the
car delivered. The take off speed, handling, top speed, torque, etc...
If you are a true" driver", then you would understand.

I grew up with a motor-head father who was a professional kart racer.
I used to ride a go-kart that my dad built for me everyday after school.
This little sucker could 75MPH easy.
It also taught me to drive at an early age.
It gave me an idea of how to handle power and to use that power as a driving
tool.
Fast acceleration and braking is the KEY to aggressive driving.
Cornering is controlled with your speed and braking, the Delorean based on
proven Lotus
designs would have impressive against the Elan and the Esprit if it had the
power.
The thing that makes the Esprit one of the best handling cars in the world
is the lightweight
engine and the fact that it is mounted mid-placement in front of the rear
wheels giving
a perfect center of gravity.

That being known, if you could give adequate power put chop the extra weight
it would make
a huge difference. So even though the NORTHSTAR V8 has massive power, the
extra weight
that exceeds the already-too-heavy PRV would deeply affect the handling and
cornering.
You would find yourself doing more 180's in a sharp turn that you would
prefer.
The extra weight through the rear end out, and if the extra power makes the
wheels spin
then you have lost control.

This is solved by using the SHORTSTAR V6.
Weighing much less than the PRV by up to 80 pounds, this is almost a 200
pound difference
compared to the NORTHSTAR V8. (according to what I have been told, I need to
get the numbers).
Less weight will compensate greatly in performance.
The extra power will not do you any good if you can't control the car.

Now that we have an understanding of all this....
Sure, you can drive the Delorean around like a granny and many people do.
But I know that the Delorean is capable of so much more if it the power.
When people talk about the Delorean being underpowered, they mean as
compared
to other SPORTS CARS, in which it comes in dead last in every category.
With an engine swap as that of what we mentioned you could get the
performance
of other high end cars.

The Delorean is an exotic sports car, and for someone like myself who likes
to drive
aggressively, these mods would be worth the investment.

I am not saying that the car should be driven a certain way right or
wrong...
but for those of us who like performance, these are the things that need to
be done.

- Videobob
VIN$5278