to E series) came with a current Pennsylvania emissions sticker. Of
course it was tuned funny, which cut into performance dramatically.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mads de Bruin" <debruin@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This weekend a friend of mine helped me out with removing a very
annoying talking alarm that wasn't working the way it should. While
> I was preparing for that task by removing the center console, I also
took a look in the compartment behind the drivers seat.
> What i saw there was bit strange, the big black connector that is
supposed to be connected to the silver module was disconnected. I
> told this problem to someone and he said that I probably
disconnected it by accident because he once saw someone who had the
> same problem and the car simply wouldn't run.
> I was sure It was already disconnected because I did not come close
to this compartment while removing the center console.
> I bought this car last year, october 20th 2003. It runs beautifully
ever since I bought it. It starts at the first turn of the key and
idles at
> just around 1000rpm. I put some extra miles on it since then.
> Today I tested what would happen if I connected it again. After
connecting it, the car starts fine and runs fine. After a few seconds it
> begins to search (I understand that's supposed to happen(frequency
valve)) but it's going to search very irratic. It keeps bouncing
> between 500 and 1500 rpm and doesn't settle, very annoying. After
that I disconnected the plug again and everything is fine.
> I know the connector should be connected, it's there for a reason
but it runs better without it connected.
> Could someone explain what's causing this or what is wrong?
>
> Mads de Bruin
>
> PS: Out of the black connector comes a blue wire and, I think, a
black wire. There's also a red wire with a plug that has got the word
> 'test' written on it. It's a square connector with a lip inside. A
lip just like the ones that are on a relais. Someone knows what this is?