[DML] Re: partial TAB success

Andy

As we discovered today, the "fix" was to knock the shims out, cut the
training arm bolt with a hacksaw, unhook the brake line, remove the
entire trailing arm from the car, heat it and beat on it for a while,
curse a lot, and then give up and replace it. Yes, the whole arm.
Luckily as DMC parts go the Trailing Arm is not all that expensive
for a Big Heavy Metal Part.

I'm going to try heating it with an acetelyne torch to see if I can
salvage it, but it was sure a good thing that I had the spare one
from the rolled car. (At the tech session we didn't have a real torch
available). Although Marty tells me that they worked on one in the
past that they ended up having to drill out with a Bridgeport mill.

BTW - which side of yours is stuck? I still have one from the
passenger side here that looks like new.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> List,
>
> With the bolt seized in, is there any way i can get the whole
trailing arm
> out of the car to take to a machine shop or something?  does the
bolt usually
> stick in the arm or the frame/bracket?
>
> I was going to powdercoat my whole suspension this winter anyway.
maybe i'll