[DML] Re: Tech Session w/Don Steger (Chicago)

[DML] Re: Tech Session w/Don Steger (Chicago)

We had a great session today - after a week of rain it was nice to
see the sun again, just in time. Don Steger was here and as usual
tackled most of the tough stuff - Major project this time was
replacing the windshield in Bryan Pearce's car. Yes - we had 1/2 the
country's population of (running) stainless frame DeLoreans in the
same garage. As promised I drove the just-completed automatic car to
the session for everyone to look at. Don also spent a lot of time
adjusting some door locks, did two tune-ups in record time, and as
usual gave out a ton of free advice and inspections. I've never seen
upper door seals changed that fast either.

Marty Maier swapped out a tach and did a complete brake job for one
of the newer club members.

Ken Koncelic brought the raffle car back here from Ohio, and other
than being a bit grubby from a couple of long trailer rides it's
running good. I drove it back home from the tech session (about 50
miles). Time to start using it for my go-to-work duty until the new
owner gets it in PF.

This seemed to be Trailing Arm day - Mark Valuch swapped his out
uneventfully (other than having the worst looking bushing I've ever
seen), and the Kuchans had to replace one entire trailing arm since
they never did get the bolt out. Luckily we had a hacksaw and a spare
trailing arm....

We also had two DeLorean Magazine publishers on-site, Ken (DeLorean
Car Show Magazine) and Ron Wester (Gullwing Magazine). No truth to
the rumor that they were throwing printer cartridges at each other.

Dave Swingle