[DML] Cross Reference

I was wondering if anyone has a cross reference for light bulbs. I
have searched all the forums (and just about every where else) and
can't find a listing.

The available cross references are a great resource but what if a
parts place does not have reference books, or the counter guy can't
be bothered to spend the time to look up part numbers? Would it not
be easier to list the parts also by make,model, and engine they are
off of? Just to give an example, for the past 3 days I have been
trying to find an air filter. At 4 good part stores up here in Canada
I walked to the counter with the old filter and a parts cross
reference ( http://www.dmc12.com/crossref.htm ). After explaining
what it was for and showing them the filter and the cross reference
they proceeded to look up every number in all the books they had. In
2 instances they said it could be ordered but would take a couple of
weeks. At the other 2 places I was told that size filter did not
exist. I took the old filter and compared it to all the filters they
had on the shelves. Although I found some with the same width or
length none of them matched. It would be much easier if I could say
it was for a "1982 Volvo" and give them a model and engine then to go
by reference numbers.

Anyway I ended up ordering a filter (along with some other goodies
from one of our venders). I would be willing to compile a cross
reference of proven parts (Including light bulbs!) along with what
they are off of and any specific comments regarding these specific
parts. If this is done I apologize but I have yet to find a
compromise list except for the link above and some information in the
parts database software..

Once the cross reference starts to build I will post it on the web
and keep it updated.

Mike Walsh
delorean (at) mikewalsh.net