[DML] Re: Technical Battery and fuse question

[DML] Re: Technical Battery and fuse question

The hydrogen gases have nothing to do with the problems in the fuse
area. A real simple "fix" for the battery is to stick a piece of
vacuum hose on the vent and run it to the little vent hose that is
already there in the right rear wheel well. On my Delco battery it had
two vent ports, one in front and one to the rear. I plugged the rear
one and ran the hose from the front one over the top of the battery to
the inside of the vent hose. The battery vent port is a kind of
flattened oval but a vacuum hose fits it nicely. I got the idea from a
Jaguar where the battery was in the trunk and it had a vent hose on
it. If your battery is giving off enough hydrogen to cause a problem
you should have the battery and the alternator tested. Modern
batteries do not gas much unless they are bad or the alternator is
overcharging it. If you think this is bad you should see on many old
cars the battery was under the driver's seat! They would leak and melt
the batttery box, they would gas and destroy the seat, and if they
were overcharged they would gas the occupants!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757