[DML] Re: Torsion bars removed.

Removing the torsion bars is one thing REMOVING THE DOORS IS
ANOTHER!!!!!! If the doors were closing and fit properly there is no
good reason to remove them. It is VERY DIFFICULT to properly align
them so it is not recomended to remove them. Taking them off and
reinstalling them it is VERY EASY to damage them and very hard to
repair. If you are holding the doors open use a prop from the doorsill
NOT THE FLOOR. If the car was to move the doors will fall. Be careful
with the torsion bars not to bang or scratch them. Wrap them in a
towel. Be careful of the edges of the "T" roof panel. They are
EXTREMELY SHARP. Before reinstaling the torsion bars make sure the
anchor brackets fit the splines nicely and the threaded holes for the
anchor bolts are not stripped. Inspect the end where the allen wrench
enters the torsion bar for cracks, sometimes they crack and it is very
hard to remove the anchor brackets and the allen wrench could slip. Be
sure when you adjust the allen wrench is COMPLETELY  engaged into the
hole. I also use fender covers on the fenders and towels all over so I
don't scratch anything. Keep bystanders away when working the torsion
bars.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757