Re: [DML] Venturing for some thoughts...

Re: [DML] Venturing for some thoughts...

Why would you want to make your car slower with one of those engines,
arent they both rated under 100 hp?

I would say there are millions of people trusting their PRV including
the 7000 or so that are in Deloreans that are still on the road with
original engines.

Reliable? i have never seen any 1.8 or 1.9 ford escort engine go over
150,000 miles, i have heard of plenty PRV engines that have done this.
Maybe you need to do some research on the PRV.

Mark V

On Wednesday, May 5, 2004, at 03:11  AM, George DeLorean wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>             When I buy my DMC sometime in the near future, I want to
> put a different engine in.  Either a Ford 1.8 or 1.9 L four cylinder
> engine, much like what I have in my 93 Escort.  I just don't trust
> the PRV engine, and want something reliable like the 1.9.  I am
> wondering if anyone has done something similar to this, knows the
> approximate cost, how difficult it would be including the
> bellhousing, engine mounts, etc.  Please respond to this message via
> my e mail addy.
>
>                             Thanks,
>
>                         George DeLorean

> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

> www.dmcnews.com

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website's
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime
http://groups.msn.com/DMCPhotos/shoebox.msnw
http://www.exoticrides.com/galleries/showgallery.php?ppuser=57