[DML] Re: Funniest Things Heard

I was waiting for a table at a nice pizza place on a
busy Friday night a few years ago when I look outside
and see some teenage girls lookin and pointing at my
car and giggling.  A lot of times, when people see a
car like a D and no one around, they think they're not
being watched and may be a little more bold in what
they do.  So they started doing some things that made
me think they might try something, so I head outside
to give them the subtle hint that "yes, someone
actually owns this, and likes it the way it is".  As I
walk out, I distinctly hear the one girl turn and tell
her friend "OMG, it's like the Batmobile!"
"BATMOBILE!?" I respond.  I asked if they had ever
seen BTTF, and they hadn't.  That explains why they
didn't recognize it.

Whenever I hear people "correcting" me about my car,
or start down the path of asking a billion questions,
that's when I reach in the car and pull out a nice FAQ
from some D website (Sorry, forget which, but it was
from the UK)...which is free when you print from work.
 :)   It definately sends the message that you as an
owner are going to know more about your car than Joe
Average on the street.  Most are glad to get the info.

And depending on my mood, if someone says "Can you go
back in time?"  I'll throw back the stock answer
"Haven't heard that since next week" thanks to
suggestions here on the DML.  Otherr times I'll point
to the amp enclosed in a box where a flux capacitor
should be, thanks to the previous owner.

Batmobile?!

-- Marty