[DML] Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip?

[DML] Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip?

Just a small bit on owning the DeLorean: We've paid for these cars,
some of us went on long missions to get then home.....We've spent
money on repairs-and those of you who are self-sufficient, spent hours
working on the car. To some-owning the DeLorean is like a Dream come
true-thats how I felt when I first got mine years ago. A lot of owners
have taken the time to learn all about the car; from the history of
the man behind, down to the details of the wiring diagram. I am one
who has worked countless hours making my DeLorean driveable and hours
learning about it. After all of this- when I hear people trying to
tell me all about the car I drive and did so much to get,  I do take
it as a big deal; They aren't the ones who spend time reading about
it,  they never worked on it, and also they haven't spent thousands of
dollars trying to keep the unique car on the road. So when I try to
correct them, I kind of feel a bit upset that they don't want to hear
the real truth about the car. When random people just throw out the
"does it go back to the future" or "wheres the flux capacitor" "Jokes"
and disappear into the store, its getting really old especially in day
to day daily driving- but I'm sure people don't usually think before
they ask that  we've heard those over and over again.  When I'm
driving I get upset as well as worried of the Civics and Jeeps
etc right on my bumper just because I'm in a DeLorean. I've read about
others getting pushed off the road, what is that all about? It seems
that some people like to challenge the DeLorean community-while I'm
trying to drive safe and stay out of an accident-here comes the big
pick-up 2 inches away from my rear end. All of these things to me just
add up and up, and so my tolorance lowers for people. When its a nice
person just trying to learn about my car or making small talk then
sure-I am more then willing to take the time to inform them etc. I
love driving my DeLorean, and I won't choose a different car because
people feel they need to challenge me. While
this is just the feelings inside one DeLorean owner about the others
on the road-I'm sure everyone has different feelings. I'm just posting
this to give somewhat of an understanding of why I for one get a
little upset at some people. Dan Benedek -Vin #5003-again on the road!