Re: [DML] D-1 Again

In most cases you can get just about any part under the sun from any
vendor you choose, and I can see the argument about a lot of owners
trying to get the best deal, but at the expense of time and energy of
the vendors, whoever they may be.  But along with Michael and in fact
Tom who wrote the original message, and myself along with countless
(well mabye not countless) but the other owners who arnt anywhere
near a day's drive from a vendor, we are up a creek.  Here in Maine
(and way up there) I will have to rely totaly on this list and my
mechanical skills which isnt nothing to brag about.  Its a double-
fold curse to own such a magnificent exotic.  But yes, if a torsion
bar goes, where you going to get it?  There is only one place I know
of, and its not going to be easy to get.  But if you cant get ahold
of a part, what are you going to do?  I know DMC Houston/Hubble (i
cant keep track) is looking into making that specific part, but it
will probley take a while before they become available.  But as
consumers we all have to take a look at our nag factor and try to
eliminate it as much as possible.  It is a tiny community, and we
need every doorpannel or window switch out there available to keep
these automobiles going strong.

Tom Porter
Northern Maine
Vin... 'real soon'

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael M <kenshin@xxxx> wrote:
> I agree with Tom on not pissing them off, and from what I can tell
most the vendors prices are the same + or - a few bucks