Re: [DML] DMCH's Engine Upgrade

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Robert Moseley wrote:

> I am wondering who out there has had it done, did you do your engine
> or get the new "crate" engine, what do you think of the work,

I went for the crate engine.  At a $1500 difference on a fairly expensive
upgrade, it seemed a no brainer to me.

My old engine hadn't been treated really well and had a knocking problem I
was never ever to solve, but this obviously solved it.  :)

I got DMCH to let me haul off the old engine, too, so now I have a spare
for almost everything on the engine.

> how long did they take to do the work, and do you feel it was worth it.

It took very little time, but since I'm local, I was able to drive the car
over there at a time they were able to do the job, instead of ship it and
wait for an opening.  It took a couple of weeks.

I am pleased with the engine.  As others have said, it is rather loud, and
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing DMCH offer an alternate muffler option for
it, because I know there are very high flowing mufflers that are a lot
quieter.  But it's not a deal breaker.

-andrew