[DML] Re: Angle Drive - A new Angle

Bob,

Thanks for the technical "tip" on how to remove the nut on the angle
drive. I had picked up one of Houston's new angle drives, (nice
looking part I must say) and was installing it this afternoon. Very
easy removal, and reinstallation. Though had to disconnect the tie
rod to get enough swing room though. Having read your post before my
angle drive arrived I thought, I would be able to compress that ring
and get it off. Boy was I wrong, after messing with it for almost 2
1/2 hours and two hand cuts later, I took the hacksaw to it and used
the "VideoBob" method. Much easier, then just put the old nut and
metal ring on, then good to go. I would have paid $20 more just to
recieve an angle drive preinstalled with the nut. But I'll recommend
the hacksaw method to anyone else I know who is changing an angle
drive soon. Thanks for the "technical" tip there Bob. :)

Joe O'Brien

2524 & 16634