[DML] Angle Drive - A new Angle

I bought an angle drive from Hervey at Special-T-Auto,
and I was surprised at how easy it was to pull off.
The speedometer cable comes off in seconds, and the angle drive
can be removed in a few minutes.
The HARD part, and I mean HARD is the removal of the large
retaining band deep on the inside of the nut.
That little ring inside is impossible to get out.
The instructions say to use "two small flat blade screwdrivers
to pry apart the ring".
I have no idea how this is going to happen.
I tried for a while until I broke my micro screw driver!
Finally I gave up, and took a chop saw and sliced the whole
damned angle drive head right off, then used a hammer and screw driver
to pull off the rest of the angle drive head until the I could pull
the rest of it through the other side of the nut.
THAT WORKED.
I put the large nut on the new angle drive and installed it
and now everything works fine.

Just thought I would mention how I did it.

I think it would be worth the few extra bucks for the vendors
to offer the angle drive complete with a new nut if it is going
to be this much trouble.

- Videobob
VIN#5278