Re: [DML] Concours Competiton

In a message dated 4/8/2004 8:43:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Until Ken K came along, this was how I saw things... and I had never
been to any DeLorean event for the first 6 years of my ownership
until Ken had his show in 1998 and invited daily drivers.  I just
wish I could convince Ken that he does not need the Concours event at
all..  Does anyone go to these shows FOR the Concours?  Ken's shows
are about the people, which is why I have yet to miss one (even
though I know there is a long list of people who would love to kick
my ass!)

I happen to agree with this and it was the motivating factor for the show was
to get the ownership to come out and show the cars and to gather for a great
time.

Based on the above where Marc says Ken's shows are about people, I totally
agree
and concours owners (myself included) are people to.  So as I have stated
early on and will continue to do, we will not exclude any faction of the DeLorean
Community.  This show is open to everyone. And as Marc has stated he has
tried to convince me not to do a Concours as much as I have tried to convince him
that is part of any cars community and a show that includes everyone needs to
have everyone participate on whatever level they want.
I have entered my car in two other concours events and I think we as a
community do a better job on the concours event.

This year because of all the new addtions over the past few years we have
special catagories for best lights, best shifter, best stereo and more.
Basically because you are doing more with the cars so we need to recognize that as
well.\

Remember to bring your Delorean or BTTF model we will again judge for best
model.

Do you realize that if everyone that is coming to the show would find just
one person that was not planning on going and bring them what the size of this
show could be.  We are still getting only about 2% of the cars out there to
come to the shows.  Even at 150 cars.  I am sure each one of you knows at least
one person with a D that does not even know about the show.

Awareness is the biggest part of this and we need to make people aware.

Marc and I have gone over this a number of times and I even asked the
original post to not be posted but the moderators chose to as they should and we have
this discussion again. It comes up every year.  And every year I say I am not
going to respond and then I end up responding.

Well the bottom line is that the show is for everyone no matter what your
views, affilitation, whether an owner or an enthusiast, Concours, Daily Driver or
slighlty modified like Curtis or The D Rex.  There is something for everyone.

We think we will have 4 to 6 Time machines at the show.  Again only time will
tell as only two owners have registered so far the other 4 promising to do so
shortly.  It looks like a minimum of 4 with two owners being a bit more
reserved.

Come to the show and check it out

Marc per your last comment

If you want I will rent a dunking booth and we can put Marc in it.

That would probably be my best fund raiser LOL

Thanks Marc and all of you

Ken