Re: [DML] Broken Bolt advice

I just went through something similar with Audrey (vin 2105).

  When I was removing the intake manifold to replace the o-rings one of
the bolts sheared off in the head. I tried drilling it to tap it out
with no luck. I put it all back together and drove her to my mechanic.
He welded a nut onto the exposed portion of the bolt and was able to
back it out.  He also used the same trick to get the broken exhaust
stud out. It took several times and at one point he thought that he
would have to pull the head and send it to a machine shop to have it
drilled out, but in the end it worked. I think that as the bolt would
break off below the surface he would tack a smaller diameter bolt on to
extend it out to where he could work on it.

BTW, Audrey is named for the man eating plant in "little shop of
Horrors" because she always seems to be wanting me to feed her a little
more money.