Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

As Ken indicates, the judging handbook will continue to be refined
and an update will be created for the PF event.

There are two primary focus areas for the handbook update. The first
is to address the bonus points issue that was introduced at the last
event. Although that change was well intended to avoid penalizing
competitors that happened to enjoy dealer options, based on
competitor feedback it appears the pendulum swung too far. That will
be addressed in this manual update, although the specific means by
which it will be addressed is still being explored.

The second focus area is to identify items in the handbook that may
be questionable and perform additional research in order to further
improve the accuracy of the handbook. The handbook is the result of
substantial research initially performed by James using multiple
sources, but as everyone knows the records for our cars can not only
be spotty, but in some instances can be outright misleading. We are
collecting a list of handbook items now that additional
research/refinement will be done for.

If you know of specific discrepancies in the handbook, please drop
me a note on the side clearly identifying the item in question as
well as details on the basis for the assertion that the item may be
in error.

The handbook will continue to be updated using the best available
information in order to ensure it is as accurate as possible.

I look forward to seeing the roundup of exemplary cars at the PF
competition.

     Knut