Re: [DML] engine tune-up

carburateur100gaz@xxxxxxx writes:

> my idea is : i think the engine run too rich
>
> if someone have a hints about it please help me because a delorean
> is better when the engine runs fine
>
> thanks
> yan

If the engine runs that high,  you may have a vacuum leak somewhere.  I would
start by checking all the vacuum lines from the thermal control valve to your
advance canister and control pressure regulator.  use the vacuum wiring
diagram on the engine cover to make sure you find all of them.  replace any that
are remotely suspect (dry, cracked, swollen).  vacuum lines are cheap but
necessary.

If you have a dwell meter you can get pretty close with the CO.  the car will
run just fine if you are few degrees off though - if it starts under all
conditions and idles ok after it settles down, you are probably close enough on
the CO but you may not pass emissions if that is a concern.  you could also have
problems from running too rich or lean, but either way, i don't think your CO
is WAY off.

You also didn't indicate if the car runs at 2000RPM under all starting
conditions or under only cold or hot.  a bad vacuum leak would be my first guess
though.  check the tube that goes from the idle motor to the underside of the air
meter housing - is the tube aligned properly and do you still have the O-ring
seal?

if you were running too rich or too lean, the idle speed upon startup would
not be affected, at least i don't see how.

let us know what you find.

Andy