Re: [DML] Injection Lines

In a message dated 4/4/04 1:32:29 PM Central Daylight Time, rowejj@xxxxxxx
writes:

>  Hello List,
>                   This may be a dumb question but why can't we just use
> regular
> fuel injection hose instead of that thin hard line inside of the big bulky
> line?
> Why not just use 1/4in or whatever it is with regular clamps? Is it like that
> just for extra protection from the engine heat and elements or what? If I'm
> not
> mistaken our systems are running about 75psi and some of the injection hose
> I've seen are rated up to 125psi. I am really bosch/fuel injection in
> general
> illiterate so if this is in fact a dumb question please excuse my ignorance.

Good question in fact.  the shop manual states that due to the unusually high
fuel pressures possible under the K-Jet FI, one should only use the
OEM-specified fuel lines.  using 1/4" fuel line with hose clamps is a recipe for
disaster!!!!  Just another reason why you should buy the right part the first time
from the many vendors we have.

Andy