Re: [DML] VGA Display

The Eclipse 7002 will not remove the vents but it will block it
somewhat. The Eclipse i have will bring the screen out extra further so
the screen can be turned to the right or left for viewing. Also the
screen will fold down and retract back in the head unit. The A/C will
still blow air out the vents and wont be blocked if the vents are
angled to the left and right. I have this in my Explorer with a DVD
player.

This auction shows the radio with the LCD screen retracted in the head
unit and exposed for viewing. See the top picture and the 2nd from the
bottom picture.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/
eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085158913&category=48609

This is a ended ebay auction and i am only showing it so you can get an
idea of how the screen works. I do not sell Eclipse radios or make any
money from Eclipse in any way i just think they make an excellent
product.

Mark V

On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 09:19 PM, Video Bob wrote:

> I have seen a lot of cool stereos with the big video displays that
> come out
> of them.
> The problem is, in our cars the display covers up the AC vents!
> In Texas, this is not an option.
>
> So, has anyone ever re-routed the AC vents and relocated the stereo on
> top
> and switched
> places before?
> Just curious, I would like to see pictures, and take notes.
> - VB
>

>> From: "Florian Uhlemann" <F.Uhlemann@xxxxxx>
>> To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: [DML] VGA Display
>> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:11:43 -0500
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> just wanted to let you know that ALPINE makes some real nice display.
>> haven't seen them in real nor used them, but they seem to be really
>> good!
>>
>> Have fun
>> Florian

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website's
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime
http://www.exoticrides.com/galleries/showgallery.php?ppuser=57