production (engines left Douvrin France as complete units, with intake
manifolds already in place, ready to drop into a car).

Bill Robertson

<hispanicangeleyes@xxxx> wrote:

>   You know that water return pipe (part # 102482) that lies
underneath your intake manifold and Y-shaped water pipe?  Well, if
your engine was neglected before you bought your car, and you're doing
a thorough engine restoration (like me right now) after 23 years of
neglect like mine, your pipe has probably rusted through.  I thought
if anyone else was in this unique predicament, you'd probably like to
know that Rob Grady and John Hervey both sell kits to fix this
problem.  You can get an idea on how it looks at
http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/New-Delorean-Products.html.  In
all fairness to Rob because I will state right here that I support
both of these gentlemen, I could not find a spot where Rob has this
pictured on his website.  I only used John's web address/picture to
point out how it looks and give people a chance to see it for
themselves; it does not show favortism nor lend support to any one
"supplier" or "vendor" more than the other.

> Since this part is not made anymore (unless you specially want to
pay the UK to make you one - EEK!) and you're not owned by DeLorean
One, it can be quite hard to find.  I prefer the DeLorean community to
be open, and I like seeing improvements and solutions made to stop
problems like this.  I do not, nor will I ever support anyone who
tries to monopolize and make parts inaccessible to the majority of the
community.  Kudos and bravo to Rob and John, thank you both for
continually improving the community and making the DeLorean more a
reality rather than just a dream.  Oh, and Rob I checked that rack
boot as you recommended - no rust nor corrosion *whew!*.  Thank you
Rob for helping me there.