RE: [DML] Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: soundsystemu

RE: [DML] Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: soundsystemupgrading)

...you may be correct on the left/right front /rear ground thing.
To be honest I didn't pay it much attention because it doesn't really
matter.
All grounds lead to the same place in the car anyway.
As long as you have the polarity right on the speakers you will be fine.
The car does not ground like others, to the frame, it grounds to it's own
wire harness.
This is where the radio grounds too, in the case of the stereo it would be
on the
right side of the back of the console.

Long and the short of it, if you hook up the radio to the harness the way I
decribe
in my instructions then there will be no problem.
- VB

>From: "Jan van de Wouw" <delorean@xxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DML] Re: Re: Grounding Each Speaker Individually (was: sound
>systemupgrading)
>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:58:53 -0000
>
>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Video Bob" <videobob@xxxx>
>wrote:
> > The harness has 9 wires, I will break them down for you.
> > 1. Constant 12 volt
> > 2. Power on 12 volt
> > 3. Ground
> > 4. Front Ground
> > 5. Left Front
> > 6. Right Front
> > 7. Rear Ground
> > 8. Left Rear
> > 9. Right Rear
>
>You must have a Different DeLorean from mine
>and the others I've worked on the stereo on...
>
>They all had common grounds for left and right,
>not for fronts and rears...
>
> > This is how my unit is connected and works fine.
> > If for some reason your head unit needs separate
> > grounds for each speaker you would need
> > to run your own ground connections, however
> > this has never been a problem yet.
>
>I'd check the manual for your Head Unit; in the manuals
>for my Kenwoods and those for a couple of Pioneers and
>an Alpine I installed in different cars it's specifically
>stated that connecting the ground wires together will
>damage the unit and will void warranty...
>
> > PS- What is "flamed"?
>
>Being "flamed" is when people call you names on-line,
>a "flame war" is a heated "discussion" in that way.
>Flames tend to get quite personal and objective...
>
>For a really extended explanation go here:
><http://members.aol.com/intwg/flamewars.htm>
>
>Have a nice weekend,
>
>Jan van de Wouw
>Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
>Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...
>
>#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

>moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer)