Re: [DML] 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas

Re: [DML] 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas

If I have time, I am going to try to check this car out.
A few looks at the engine will show it's real miles.
I always check out the rubber on the pedals - if they are very worn then you
know it
has been driven to death.
I will also check out the boots, hoses and etc.
....that is, if I have time, I have been very busy.
But if there is anyone seriously interested in it and needs me to check it
out for them
I will be happy to assist any way I can!

- Videobob
VIN#5278

>From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DML] 5 Speed/ Grey - On eBay in Texas
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:49:25 -0500
>
>I was looking at that car's pictures, along with some others and some
>points have been brought up.
>
>1. The odometer reads 375.1 miles, yet the trip meter reads 497.6 (you
>can see part of the 4 next to the needle and can be verified with a
>picture editor to zoom in on). It would also appear that the 0's have
>shifted in the odometer so it is very possible that it has rolled over.
>2. Carfax claims invalid vin, at least for the free lookup
>3. The door is propped up in the 014 picture.
>4. Picture 25 shows where a front plate was and the large change in
>color on the bumper, also see eyebrows that I would not expect on a car
>with low miles
>5. The vin is 6312, but it is not listed on the production chronology of
>vins known to exist via the directory and company records, is this the
>true vin?
>6. Arent the facia's suppose to be a darker grey?
>
>I'm not directly trying to make the car sound bad, I'm pointing out
>things that dont seem right for the claimed low milage.
>

>Samuel
>
>Robert Moseley wrote:
>
> >If anyone is interested in this car:
> >
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31830&item=2468989129
> >
> >They claim it has 450 original miles, and has never been titled.
> >
> >I can check it out for you if you need since I am near by.
> >I would'nt mind checking it out anyway!
> >- VB

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer)