RE: [DML] Re: Flux / Speaker Box

Rich,
why do you say think I am "slamming"?
I never slammed anyone or pointed fingers.
I know you are working on these, and so is Eric, and Don and ton of other
people.
I don't get the animosity.
All I did was point out some of the other inaccuracies as compared to the
movie version
that I have seen on very expensive Flux's.
I just spent a lot of money on one that is good, but not screen correct.
It has the right box, but no real TORR9 relays, or the correct chase
sequence... etc.

All I did was mention the methods in how I would build mine.
Please re-read my post, and you will find that is not negative towards any
one person,
especially not to Don and his parts.
I did not order my flux from Don - I got it from another source on the net.

My reason for not using the actual Stahlin enclosure is because it is too
large, and too expensive.
I will also not use the actual relays, but casted versions that will look
exactly the same but
will not be genuine functional vacuum relays.
This will keep the costs down so the average joe can get one.
However if someone wants one to be used in a full BTTF reproduction car I
can make one that
will be EXACTLY as the one used in the film, but the price will be doubled
due to parts costs.

Again, I don't feel my post was negative at all.
I have no idea how anyone in particular builds their Flux's, I have never
seen yours, Eric's,
Don's or anyone else's except for random photos I have found on the net and
the few
that float across eBay.
I hope you don't feel I am slamming you or creating a competition threat.
Let's face it Rich, you and I as well as Don and the others make a good
living on our own.
We are not going to get wealthy selling these.... I would be surprised to
break even!

Good luck.
Give me a call.
- Videobob
VIN#5278

>From: "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DML] Re: Flux / Speaker Box
>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:41:44 -0000
>
>List,
>
>While I am usually excited to hear about new items for Deloreans,
>I was disappointed to see a post about a new item that markets
>itself by "slamming" other products that are already out there.
>Whether the "slam" was intentional or not, it's now out there.
>
>There are many vendors and part-time enthusiasts out there that
>are building flux capacitor knock-offs, time circuit knock-offs
>and speaker box enclosures that include flux capacitors and they
>all market their products in a positive manner.  Delorean Motor
>Center and Delorean Custom Fabrication Services are two of such
>places that market these products.
>
>I do not have a problem with someone saying that they build the
>best flux capacitor or best speaker box, but there is no need
>to slam other similar products just because you do not feel they
>accurately depict the BTTF movie props with the parts they use.
>Just as you do not intend to use the original FC box because of
>cost and size, others have reasons for using the parts they use.
>Just because someone does something different does not mean that
>it is a mistake or wrong, it just means that it is different.
>
>For those of you who are looking for BTTF type props and upgraded
>sound boxes that are out there now, check out Delorean Motor Center
>(www.DeloreanMotorCenter.com) and Delorean Custom Fabrication
>Services (www.ExoticDMC.com).  And of course, good luck to VB.
>
>Let's try to keep things positive.
>See you in the Future.
>
>Later,
>Rich W.
>

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
>wrote:
> > This message is for audio enthusiests and BTTF fans.
> >
> >snip<
> >
> > So many people use rope lights, or blinking LED's, or the
> > pattern goes back and fourth.
> > The correct pattern is from the outside to the center
> > in 4 stages.
> > Another mistake is that so many people add in a variable speed.
> >
> >snip<

>moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms ? all in one place at MSN Money!
http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp