Re: [DML] Tax value of D

[Moderator note: This thread is getting old fast.  If someone wants to collect more data on the subject please feel free to start a Poll.  - moderator Mike Substelny]

I live in SC.  My Delorean property taxes were less that $20 ($14 comes to
mind) if you don't count the tag "fee".

Of course when I purchased it they registered it twice as a 2001 Delorean
purchased for $12,000 and as a 1982 purchased for $12,000.  I was initially
taxed at $15 based on the 1982 registration.  The following year I received
two notices (one for an 1982 and one for a 2001 Delorean both with the same
serial number) and of course the accessor would only accept the larger bill
as valid ($300) for the 2001 year model Delorean.  You would not believe how
much trouble it was to convince them it was an 1982 model.  Even though the
serial number and door plate said it was a 1982, it wasn't "proof".

I love bureaucracy!

Ed
10541