[DML] Nice things to say about DMCH.

Sure!

I have met Stephen a few times.  He is a pleasant
person.

Their efforts to re-make some of the unavailable
parts, is overall an advantage to the entire
community.  Although I do question some of the motives
to do so, such as re-printing SSI with a added chapter
of "advertisement".

It was a good business move for them to lower some of
the prices of the NOS parts, while causing a problem
for people (not me!) who have been hoarding parts.

... and I could go on.  However, there are enough
people kissing their ass on this list.  All of the
negative stuff said about them is more discreet.  I
seem to be the only one who will say anything negative
in public about them.

Specific to this topic, the DMCH performance engine is
a good project.  It fits a need that a number of
deep-pocket owners want satisfied.  Many times we have
discussed the "image" of the DeLorean, and quite
frankly I don't think the majority of DeLorean owners
want their car to sound like a ricer with coffee cans
on the tail pipes.

As for my well know "negative" DMCH comments, I have
had a number of compliments on getting the word out on
the false trademark claims, and informing owners that
their bent door strut supports are likely due to the
use of a DMCH strut which is longer than OEM.  Neither
of these claims have been disputed by DMCH, so there
is another nice thing I can say about them.

And... the moderator this week allowed your message
which I see as a personal attack against me... Lets
see if this message (my defense) makes it to the
reject pile like most of my DMCH related posts.

Marc

--- sonnyvr2000 <sonnyvr2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marc -
>
> A quick question...do you ever have anything nice to
> say about DMCH?
>
> Sonny V.
>
> PS - As far as what you think about the exhaust
> being too loud...you
> know what they say...if it's too loud, you're too
> old. :-)

[Moderator Note: For the record, I generally allow relevant, polite posts that stick to facts which may be confirmed or denied with evidence, including this topic.  As to Marc's judgement that Sonny was launching a personal attack, the topic is not worth clogging our subscribers' mailboxes and I'll reject any posts debating the point.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]