[DML] John DeLorean's Estate

   Today I was in Bedminster, NJ. I am attending a seminar near there and
drove over to John DeLoreans former estate on my lunch break.  I was curious to
see what remained from my previous visits.  I visited John DeLorean and Kathryn
there about five years ago while it was still the place they called home.
Since then we know he had to leave the property.  When I visited him there it
was an impressive drive up a rock covered road that eventually changed to
pavement.  There were trees and nothing but woods on the drive up.  Eventually you
came up to a grass covered field and see the magnificent Georgian Mansion
sitting to the right.  It was truly an awesome sight.  Since then our club has had
a gathering there after John had left while the house was owned by another
group.  And I visited with the last caretaker there on another occasion.
Presently it is owned by a Donald Trump affiliate.  They are constructing a large
golf course, perhaps two.  Today I saw some people actually golfing there
however it looks as if it is largely unfinished.  The stone pillars that had eagles
on them at the main entrance off Lamington Road are gone.  It now reads Trump
International Golf Club or something like that.

   The drive up is all paved now and the trees are gone.  The golf course
spans almost the whole drive up.  As you approach Johns house it still stands.
The original driveways are all gone and the surrounding trees and landscaping
are gone as well.  The house looks isolated.  There are many crews of workers
both in and around the main house and outbuildings.  It appeared as if they
were renovating the main house and the other buildings but it was in such
disarray it was hard to say for sure.  The house is surrounded by gravel and work
trucks and piles of debris.  Quite different from the days when John was there.
On one hand I was happy to see it appears they are trying to save the main
house and outbuildings.  On the other hand it was sad to see the drastic
difference between John's Lamington Farm as it was when he was there and what it has
become today.  Perhaps I will take some pictures as I will be up there the next
three days.

Gary Gore