[DML] Seeking advice on buying a DeLorean

[DML] Seeking advice on buying a DeLorean

Hi Folks,

I've wanted a DeLorean as long as I can remember, and now find myself
in a financial situation to buy one later this year. My questions here
involve reliability & maintenance. I've owned a Pontiac Fiero
(several, actually) for over a decade now and am used to the routine
maintenace that goes on with an older vehicle, as well as doing it all
myself.

I had intended to locate a DeLorean with reasonably low milage, but
not so low that it's just been sitting and needs a bunch of work.
Something 15k-40k or so that was driven on weekends, etc. I intend to
put the car into service as a daily driver, putting around 30 miles
per day on average/~11k per year max (my commute is 12 miles each way
+ side trips once or twice per week). Price range expected to pay is
$15k-$20k. This would not be my only vehicle, simply my favorite, and
being my favorite I'd drive it as often as I could. ;)

Questions:

1. How reliable is a DeLorean in a situation like this? I know this is
a somewhat provocative question, so I'll try to explain: I don't have
to do a lot to my Fiero. Oil changes and other regular maintenance,
and once a year or so I'll have to dig in and replace an
alternator/water pump/fix an annoying rattle/etc. Is this the general
case with DeLoreans as well? The assumption is I find one that has
been taken care of.

2. Can I expect a $15-$20k D with under 40k miles to be a like new
vehicle, suitable for use as a daily driver and requiring few repairs
outside of normal maintenance?

3. As cars age, they come up with creaks and rattles and other "old
car" type of annoyances. However, I've never purchased an old car that
also had low miles. Should I expect a "tight" vehicle, so to speak?

4. I understand DeLoreans have problems with u-joints. What can I
expect in this area?

5. Any advice on what to watch / look for when shopping would be great.

My delusion is that I can buy a gently used D as opposed to a gently
used Toyota/Nissan/Chevy/Subaru/typical "boring" cookie-cutter car and
have essentially the same level of day-to-day problems cropping up.
Negating the fact that I can't just drop it off at any service station
(& wouldn't want to, anyway, as I don't even do that with my current
vehicles), is this in any way valid?

Thank you for any insight you can give me.

-Ryan