Re: [DML] JZD the Pseudo Man (long)

In a message dated 2/29/04 3:18:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
louie@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Yeah I'm disappointed and a little skeptical about his reasonings about
> suddenly pulling out of Pigeon Forge, but I'm sure as heck not going to let that
> change my opinion on him, the car, or Ken's DeLorean Car Show.

I appreciate this thread and it is truely a bummer for me as well as all of
you but remember one thing.  I do this car show for one thing
You the owners .
Without you we don't do a show.  It has nothing to do with John, Kathryn or
anyone else in particular including me.
Its a place to gather make friends and have a great time.

What makes this work is your intetactions with each other.  I truely believe
that the DML allowed me to take advantage of a central point for all DeLorean
owners and  use the power of the internet through the DML to get you all
together in one spot every two years to get you to meet each other face to face.

With this you get something you can get nowhere else but in a show (mine or
others) and that is frienships that I have seen endure for years.

Not only that but this show allows a lot more creativity to be seen by not
only the DeLorean Community but hundreds or thousands of others.  Many of the
items customized in one show ends up as an aftermarket product in a few years.
Also the shows have shown that the cars are improving in quality as time goes
on.

In most of our other shows we have been in public places and our cars have
been seen by all of these people as well.  And yes some have become owners.

John is not the focus of these shows. All of you are and credit should go to
those that keep the dream alive.

Just my thougths

Better see you in Pigeon Forge LOL

Ken