[DML] Johnny D the Pseudo Man

Over the past several months I have read a lot of comments on John
DeLorean the legend and John D the man.  More recently, I have read
discussion relating to decisions of attending Pigeon Forge base on Mr.
D's attendance.

As a owner of 2 D's, I have a great appreciation for the innovation
that was incorporated into the car. It's an engineer's car and I'm an
engineer. Whether the car is a result of John D's concepts or he just
hired some very creative designers, there is no question that the car
is still innovative by today's standards, 20+ years after it's initial
production. DeLorean went up against the big guys and made a
revolutionary car.

Yet is was John DeLorean himself, not the big guys and not his
employees or suppliers that made the company fail. It was HIS inept
management, ego, arrogance, greed, quality problems, poor business
practices and at least questionable business ethics that cause the
company failure.  The ripple effect of his actions also cause the
demise of other inovative companies that naievely or foolishly relied
on his word and made significant investments in anticipation of a
successful DMC.

I for one would not pause a second to shake John DeLorean's hand, not
because I do not appreciate his vision, but because I do not respect
him as a man of integrity.  In no way would his presence or lack
thereof influence my decision to attend Pigeon Forge.   Conversely,
shaking the hand of one of you that have given of your time willingly
to offer helpful comments and share your personal experiences is
unquestionably a reason for me to drive over 1000 miles.  Plus,
several of you can probably tell me more than Johnny Boy about how to
fix my cars.

Thanks again guys & ladies for all your help.

Woody