[DML] Re: Delorean on the side of road in MD

[DML] Re: Delorean on the side of road in MD

    That was my son Mike's DeLorean 10610.  He is taking Automotive
Technology at Lincoln Tech in Columbia.  He was on his way home to
Timomium when he heard a POP and then the car filled with steam.
This was on I-70 just before I-695 (Beltway). He called me at work
and I can out to help him.  I work 5 miles from the site.  The rubber
coolant hose just in front of the pipe with the osterstat blew out 3"
split. Coolant everywhere.
    We wrapped the hose in electrical tape and removed the coolant
bottle cap so the system would not be pressurized.  We stopped twice
on the way home to fillup with water.
    We went to Salvo Auto Parts and looked for a suitable hose.  We
picked Gates 20137 and cost $8.50.  It  was 17" long with a 90 degree
band in it, but it had a 7" straight section to it and it was the
right diameter. I cut off a 5" piece and installed it and refilled to
the correct concentration.  The whole repair was about 30 minutes.
Time to check all the other short sections in the system.

                            Deloreanchuck

   --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, billsfanmd@xxxx wrote:
> Just wanted to see if any MD owners were on Route 70 and the
Baltimore