[DML] Re: windshield washer pump motor

Mike - The washer pump screws into a threaded plastic grommet that is
pressed into the reservoir.  Was your challenge in getting the
grommet installed, or in screwing in the pump?  For simple pump
replacement, the grommet doesn't need to be removed, so the wires and
the small clear tube should be removed from the pump.  Then, you
unscrew the pump, put the new one back in, screw it snug, and replace
the wires and the tube.  I'm not sure where or why you were having to
force anything together.  A few more details on how you were doing
this would be helpful.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, billsfanmd@xxxx wrote:
> I am pretty sure I need to swap my washer motor pump. When Rich and
I did his it was a real pain to remove the old pump from the bottle
and putting the new one in was even more difficult. Anyone have any
tips or tell us what we were doing wrong? We were just using dish
soap around the edge of the new pump motor and forcing it back into
the opening and it was a real bear to get back in. In fact we snapped
part of Rich's pump but it works fine now...