[DML] Re: Clutch Slave Removal

There is no magic on this sort of thing. You are just dealing with
time and nature (i.e. rust).

Lots of PB-Blaster (probably the best of the penetrating oils) may
help. Careful spraying stuff around the slave, by the way, since
anything that runs off may end up on the clutch. Nothing like an oily
clutch disc to ruin your day after this is all done. . .

Then you'll probably end up pulling the trans. Chances are that the
bolt is missing because someone broke it off, and I don't see how
you'll have much luck getting up in there with a drill and tap. It's
not that bad to get the trans out <<he said after doing it about 5
times>>>.

How long ago was the car running? If it's a long time you'll probably
find that th throwout bearing is stuck to the trans anyway. If that's
the case you will be taking it all apart. You can check this with a
prybar applied stratically to the clutch fork in the proper
direction.

Dave S