[DML] Re: 2 Questions...

The best advice I can give on the fuel system is to drain the fuel
tank and wipe it out. This is best done before even trying to run the
motor. Inspect all of the internal parts and replace any that have
deteriorated or are missing. If the fuel isn't sludge then you should
be OK. Put in fresh fuel and replace the fuel filter after about 100
miles of driving. All you may need after that is to have the fuel
injectors cleaned and tested and maybe a new acccumulator. If the fuel
smells "dead" and there is sludge in the tank you can assume that you
have the same situation throughout the entire system. Now you will
have to dissassemble the entire fuel system and clean each and every
component.
 On a car that has been sitting the best way to go about restarting it
is to drain and replace ALL the fluid before trying to start it.
Expect the brake system (and clutch if a manual) to need a complete
rebuild as the brake fluid turns corrosive after many years.
 To remove paint from a painted S/S panel the easiest way is to mask
off and carefully use paint remover and a plastic squeegee. Just be
warned that you will also remove any body filler and the panel will in
all probability need to be regrained even if it is not damaged.
 You don't have to replace the facias, they can be refinished to look
like new. It is best to remove them to do it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757