[DML] More speedometer calibration nonsense & TAB status

[DML] More speedometer calibration nonsense & TAB status

I finally purchased a replacement angle-drive and now have a working
speedometer.

Either it's out of calibration or I have really been speeding.

Like many others, I've been driving with the RPM/MPH conversion chart
strapped to my steering wheel and Mike Cohee and I had the "tearing
up" ceremony during the test drive. My question is this:

The chart reads 2500 RPM=65 MPH. Yet I hit 65 at 2350/2400 RPM, and
almost 70 MPH at 2500 RPM. Is it at all accurate to compare the
speedometer to this conversion chart? I'm just trying to figure out
how far off I am.

Lastly, for those who were following my "Great TAB Disaster", it took
a lot of heat, but the snapped bolt was finally extracted from the
trailing arm, so I'm back on the road. I've only been online for 15
months but I see new owners all the time. CHECK YOUR TRAILING ARM
BOLTS! It was dangerous, violent and scary when I snapped mine. I
didn't even hit anything and I still twisted my back.

Rich A.