Re: [DML] Side Windows

Gus,

Your question about removable side windows is a concept that we looked
at.  Something along the sliding mechanism on the proto type Delorean

THe whole window is fairly long and awkward.  It is glued on because
there is no real edge to support it on the door.  If you were going to
have a removable form, you would need to have at least a bottom U
channel to support then window. You could then have a hinged U channel
to chip on the on the top.

Years ago,(50s) some cars had hinged U channels (AKA Edsels and others)
that would hold the top of the window in place.  THis was done to
provide easier entry and exit to the vehicle.

The tough part is the curve sections. Curved U channel is very difficult
to come by. I have to have mine custom machined and custom bent.

I would recommend getting the window made of Lexan to make it much
easier to handle and not break if you drop it.

Anything can be done with enough money and time. !

BTW does anyone have the detail on the original sliding windows?  I have
never been able to find it.

BOB