Re: [DML] Side Windows

As most of you know, I installed full size power windows in my Delorean
doors.  This, of course, eliminated the urethane glued in glass window.

Did the change the structural integrity of the door?

We did test this question.  The stock door with the glued in window does
have a little less flexibility in proportion to the force applied that
the doors with the full size windows.

On the other hand, the doors 97 Delorean (without the stock windows)
work just fine and I have never had any problems with them for the last
7 years.

To put a little perspective on this, you about 10% more force on the
stock doors to cause 1" deflection than on the none stock doors.

Would this make any difference in an crash?. No.

A crash of any significance would cause the window to break and shatter.
 At this point, the window provide no reinforcement at all.

BOB