Re: [DML] Starter circuit theory?

This is kind of a frankenstein car - the one I'm rebuilding from a
burned car and a wreck. The entire electrical system - wiring harness
and all, is out of the wrecked car, and I'm not really sure of the
vintage of that one but I think its about 10/81. I think you are
right - there is something "undocumented" in the wiring. At this
point it's a non-issue but I would really like to understand it. I'll
dive back into it with a voltmeter when I get a chance - an about a
week. This also seems like the kind of thing where someone may have
hacked the wiring to install a security system.

My guess is that the ignition switch kicks the relay, but the relay
is sourced from fuse #1 instead of main power (not shown in the
schematic at all). In fact I think that the relay is supposed to pe
self-powered from ignition switch, since it's only purpose is to
block starting when not in "park" (which has no function at all on a
manaul but they leave it in there for consistency in manufacturing).

If I can trace it to that I'll rewire it since I think a 10A fuse is
a bit light for the starter solenoid.

Dave S